terms and conditions
All Cycling Holidays Italy 'fixed-based' and 'point-to-point' tours are provided in association with HikeandBikeItaly. (“we”, “our” or “us”) and are subject to the following terms and conditions. By booking your trip and paying a deposit you confirm that you are over the age of 18 and have read, understood and accept these terms and conditions in their entirety. Thank you.
Transportation to the Accommodation
Alterations to your tour
Our liability to you
- When submitting a booking, a non-refundable minimum deposit of 30% of the cost of the holiday is payable. Full payment for the holiday must be made 15 weeks before the start date of the holiday.
- Cancellation must be confirmed in writing. If you cancel your booking any money paid will not be refunded. If the balance payment is not received on or before the due date the booking will be automatically cancelled and the booking deposit will not be refunded.
- On initial booking and payment of a 30% deposit it is vital that you make us aware of any special circumstances, either dietary or medical, that relate to you.
- You are required to take out personal travel insurance for the duration of your holiday. We will expect you to be able to supply proof of this. If possible please ensure that your travel insurance is arranged at the time of booking your holiday. This should include cancellation insurance for medical reasons, redundancy and jury service. Cycling Holidays Italy does not accept responsibility for any cancellation or effect on your holiday due to war, terrorism, natural disasters, industrial dispute, civil strife, adverse weather conditions or acts of God.
- Any guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- You shall: follow the instructions of your Cycling Holidays Italy professional guide at all times;
- ensure that you are of an appropriate level of fitness to participate in your trip; notify us of any medical ailments from which you suffer which may affect your ability to participate in the trip; wear a helmet at all times whilst cycling; not cycle when under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Insurance: it is a condition of these terms that you have adequate travel insurance. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance fully covers all of your personal requirements including cancellation charges, medical expenses and repatriation in the event of an accident or illness. Your insurance must also cover you for cycling activities and the associated risks as well as your baggage and cycling equipment. If you chose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses arising in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
- Bike maintenance: Cycling Holidays Italy may include terrain that you may not be used to cycling on day to day. If you bring your own bike it is your responsibility to ensure it is serviced before your trip and is in a safe and roadworthy condition. We will not be liable for any damage or injury caused as a result of a failure caused by your bike, or its operation. It is your responsibility to bring with you any unique tools, electronic shifting chargers, or special components which may be required for your bike.
Transportation to the Accommodation
- We either offer complimentary airport and hotel transfer service in our Cycling Holidays Italy van from the nearest major airport and city to the retreat where the tour commences, or we will send you information regarding public transport. We will also send you our van schedule for pickup and return, plus driving directions to the accommodation address. If you are driving to the accommodation, you may leave your locked car at or near the place where the tour originates for the duration of the trip (at your own liability and risk).
- Many people who travel by plane prefer to arrive at the gateway city the day before the tour starts and leave the day after the trip is over. Accordingly, we will furnish you with the name of the recommended hotel or motel that we pick people up from on the first day of the trip, and where we can drop you off at the trip’s end.
- We reserve the right to cancel or alter your trip at any time prior to your departure date, due to events outside of our control, such as but not limited to: acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; epidemic or pandemic; terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations; nuclear, chemical or biological contamination; or collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident, (together “Events Outside Of Our Control”). We also reserve the right to cancel or alter your trip at any time prior to your departure date (at our discretion), although we assure you that we will endeavour to only do this when strictly necessary.
Alterations to your tour
- We will use our best endeavours to ensure that the itinerary of your trip does not have to be altered. However, if an Event Outside Of Our Control occurs, we may not be able to follow our advertised itineraries or schedules. If any additional expenses are incurred through delay, accident or disruptions of planned itineraries due to Events Outside Of Our Control, we cannot compensate you for such expenses.
- Bikes: If you bring and ride your own bike on your trip, you hereby confirm and acknowledge that: it shall be suitable for your trip, well maintained and in good condition; and you shall be solely responsible for assembling, repairing and maintaining your bike during your trip. If you rent a bike from us during your trip, we hereby confirm and acknowledge that: it shall be suitable for your trip, well maintained and in good condition; and we shall be solely responsible for assembling, repairing and maintaining your rented bike during your trip and you agree that you shall not attempt to assemble, repair or maintain your rented bike during your trip.
- Cycling Holidays Italy generates photographs and video content throughout the duration of its holidays for use on the website and in other promotional outlets, including Facebook. If you do not wish for your image to be used, please let us know in writing prior to finalising the booking of your holiday.
- By booking your trip, you: acknowledge that you have received and read all guidance provided by us in relation to your trip; accept that any guidance given by us as regards climate, clothing, special equipment, topography etc is done so in good faith, but accept that we cannot confirm its accuracy or completeness; acknowledge that it is your responsibility to arrange insurance to cover you during your trip; confirm that you are aware of the physically strenuous nature of our trips and accept the risks and hazards of our trips, including the dangers inherent in cycling either on the road or off the road and any risks that result from (amongst other things) adverse weather conditions and the variable condition of roads and/or tracks; accept that: (a) whilst we may refer you to external activity operators during your trip, we have not done any due diligence on these external activity operators and do not provide any guarantee as to the services they provide; and (b) we shall not be liable for the acts or omissions of external activity operators and you participate in all activities organised by any such third parties on their terms and conditions and at your own risk. Confirm that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to complete your trip and are aware of no medical reason or condition which would prohibit you from completing your trip; accept the potential for (amongst other things) delays, alterations, loss of or damage to property, inconvenience and discomfort; and accept that subject to paragraph below, you participate in your trip, and cycle, at your own risk.
Our liability to you
- Nothing in these terms & conditions limits or excludes our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence. To the extent your property is lost or damaged due to our negligent acts or omissions, we shall be liable for the cost of repairing or replacing any such property, up to a maximum of £250 and we therefore suggest you bear this in mind when packing for your trip. Without prejudice to the above, our entire financial liability whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise (including any liability for the acts or omissions of our employees, agents, consultants, and subcontractors) to you in respect of any foreseeable breach of these terms and conditions shall be limited to the amount you paid for your trip. We shall not be liable to you for any: loss of, or damage to, your property caused by your own act or omission; claim for disappointment; or claim for loss of enjoyment; or loss incurred as a result of Events Outside of Our Control; or loss incurred due to the theft of bicycles; or loss incurred due to injury as a result of cycling either on or off road, unless such injury is caused by our negligence; or loss related to any business of yours such as lost data, lost profits, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of goodwill or other business loss that you may incur as a result of any breach of these terms and conditions; or other special, indirect or consequential losses Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights.
- Comments and complaints: if you have any concerns while on your trip, please communicate those concerns directly with your Cycling Holidays Italy Tour Leader and allow us to address them immediately. If you feel the matter is serious, please feel free to contact our office by email.
- Included in the price of the retreat is: the price of the room with weekly change of sheets and towels, breakfast, served dinner and all drinks while on the premises. **Please note that on previously specified days, all guests will eat lunch off site and will need to pay for this separately (unless stated otherwise).
- All excursions fees and trips are paid for in the cost of the retreat. However when on day trips and evening outings, guests are required to pay for their own food and beverages.
- Airport/ferry/train pick ups and drop offs are NOT automatically included in the cost of the retreat. Transfers may be arranged at an extra cost. Where pick ups and drop offs have been arranged, arrival and departure times will be based on arrivals for the group as a whole.
- When guests are making their own way to the venue, either by hire car or train, they should not arrive before 4.00pm, unless this has been agreed in advance. Guests must vacate their rooms by 10.00am on the date of departure.
- Please note that the use of the venue's facilities and grounds are entirely at the user’s risk. Important notice: By booking with us at Cycling Holidays Italy the company's owners, staff and agents are not liable for any loss, injury or claim of any kind arising out of staying at, or travelling to or from the venue. This includes all trips whilst on your retreat.
- It is the responsibility of all third parties, including guests and industry partners, to ensure the safety of their personal belongings, including (but not exclusive to) Bicycles, Cycle Helmets, Pedals and Saddles. Cycling Holidays Italy can take no responsibility for any damage or loss to equipment belonging to third parties during a Cycling Holidays Italy event. While Cycling Holidays Italy takes every reasonable care to ensure the safety of equipment, sometimes things just happen.
- Cycling Holidays Italy reserves the right to change program details and to cancel a tour if there are not enough bookings to make it viable. Should this happen, a new date will be offered or a full refund given if the date is not convenient.
- Cycling Holidays Italy cannot be held responsible should a special guest need to cancel their attendance at a Cycling Holidays Italy event after guest bookings have been made. We work extremely hard to ensure that any special guests are with us for the duration of an event. However it is out of our hands if a situation arises whereby a special guest has to cancel their attendance at an event, or cut their attendance short.
- The holiday schedule hereby purchased through Cycling Holidays Italy may be changed due to client safety or well-being, this includes acts of terrorism, war, accident, weather and act of God. This covers transportation (where relevant), activities and accommodation.
- Cycling Holidays Italy reserves the right to change, revise or update the itinerary without prior notice. Rest assured that any changes will be made to ensure the smooth running of the retreat and will not impact negatively on the retreat experience.